Prior to joining eAdvancement Consulting in 2016, Ms. Reid was President of the Foundation and Associate Vice Chancellor of Development for the Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD). During her fifteen-year tenure at the Dallas Community College District, she established the internationally-recognized $30 million Rising Star Scholarship Program which has also provided the groundwork funding for the recently announced Promise Program, the $10 million Health Careers Resource Center, and the $10 million STEM Institute.
Ms. Reid has a 25-year+ history as a senior executive higher education advancement professional and has experience in marketing/communication, public affairs, and non-profit management. She has served as Senior Associate Vice President of Advancement & Campaign Director for the University of North Texas; President of the West End Historic District Association, the largest historic and entertainment district in the southwest US; the first female chief of staff for the presiding elected officer of Dallas County; and Marketing Director for a Fortune 1000 international corporation.
An active member of the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Ms. Reid has served in many roles, including:
- Board of Directors, where she and Seminole State Community College President, Ann McGee, led the initiative to establish the CASE Center for Community College Advancement.
- Chair of the International Committee for the Board, establishing CASE Latin America operations.
- Inaugural chair of the Center for Community College Advancement Council.
- Member of the Marketing Commission.
- Member of the CASE Carnegie Africa Initiative.
- Current member of the Industry Advisory Council.
- In 2012, Ms. Reid was named as the Commonwealth CASE Institutionally Related Foundation Executive of the Year while serving as DCCCD Foundation President.
- Ms. Reid has an undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin and a graduate degree from Southern Methodist University.
- Betheny has been named CASE Laureate.
Contact Betheny Reid at: